Over the years we, here at FEA, have achieved some truly remarkable things. This page is to list just a few of our many pride-inspiring accomplishments and will be updated regularly as we make additional strides toward being the best company we can be.
- We are a fourth generation, family owned. optical lab.
- Recognized as a Top Lab by Vision Monday every year since 2008.
- Recognized as the third largest independent lab by volume in the United States.
- Created personalized progressives, a combination of free-form and conventional progressive designs to maximize lens performance.
- Created high definition multifocals, improving the optics of conventional bifocals and trifocals with free-form enhancement.
- Developed and integrated a vast array of proprietary software and software extensions for use in our daily laboratory operations, giving us an edge over other labs in the process.
- Pioneered the online presence of optical laboratories and have continued to reinvent and modernize our web presence over the years. We now have a state of the art website that we are proud to present to the public.
FEA in the Press
A recent article, published in Optical Lab Products magazine, discusses 35 of the optical industries youngest executives. The list is presented in the same manner as the world renowned Forbes 40 under 40, but instead focuses only on the optical industry. Listed among the 35 is FEA's own William "Other Bill" Heffner, IV. The article provides a brief bio of each person on the list mentioning where they work, what their role is, and a short background. You can find the article in this months print edition of Optical Lab Products magazine or in their digital version online here.